Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A reason to create...

Hi Crafters,

Some times we are faced with reasons to create that are not the most pleasant.  However, a card can always help to express our thoughts.

Such was the case for me today.  I needed to create a 'Sympathy' card.  These can be one of the most challenging types cards for me, because like you, I hate sadness and the causes for it.  But today, I had to put my feelings aside and create.  Here's what I came up with...

The creative inspiration for this card was the swirl border element.  I cut it using my Pazzles Inspiration.  I stumbled across it last night while looking for new images to download.  When I saw it, I had to have it.  I then cut it out on what I thought was a piece of never-to-be-used scrap paper.  I should know better than that...scraps are never scraps.  They are just waiting to be used.  After I cut out the swirl border, I knew I had to use it on a card.  

I designed the card around the swirl border embellishment. To keep the card soft, I stamped the sunflower with Versamark and dusted it with Perfect Pearls.  The colors that I used were: Green Patina, Perfect Gold and Forever Green.  I purposely kept my color scheme clean and to a minimum.  I used a sort of Butter Yellow piece of paper that coordinated with the Perfect Pearls, as well as a piece of Chocolate cardstock from one of my favorite stores, the Paper Source.  The sentiment was stamped using White Stazon Ink.  I wanted it to be sort of a muted finish so I was not very heavy handed with the ink.  I then added three butterflies that I punched out with one of my Martha Stewart punches for a finishing touch.  

It's a simple and elegant card.  Perfect such an occasion.  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***New Addition***
I'm often asked what are the tools that I use when paper crafting.  So I've added a few of them below.  I'll try to update this section often to give you a good idea of what I use. 

Some of my "Must Have" products and tools




Remember creativity never stops, so do something creative every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment