Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Little Sunshine

Hi Crafters!

I needed to make a card for a friend that was feeling a little under the weather.  I had this idea of designing a card that gave the illusion of looking into a beautiful yard on a gorgeous summer day.  I thought that would add a little 'pick-me-up' to my friend's day.

So here's what I came up with....



To create this card I used some of my all time favorite tools and embellishments.  First I started with a piece of Paper Source card stock in Chartreuse.  I cut it to 10x7, scored at 5 and folded. I then used my Pazzles Inspiration to cut the fence that I designed, the cute little bird and to write the sentiment. I decided to hang the sentiment tag on a sign post to really convey the idea of looking into a yard.  I used jump rings from my jewelry making supplies to hang the sign.  To finish off the design,  I added some Jute Twine and butterflies, as well as flowers and buttons to create the imagery of the sun.  And finally, I added some faux stitching with my white gel pen to fill in some of the negative space along the edges.

I love this card.  It makes me smile.  :o)

I hope you like it!

Remember, creativity never stops, so do something creative every day! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment