Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Vintage Boot

The Vintage Boot Card...

This was a collaborative effort.  I just love this card...

I was approached by a co-worker who wanted to place an order for three 'Thinking Of You' greeting cards.  She said designer choice - which is how I like to create.  I was think that I wanted to feature an embellishment that I had not used before, ya know, change it up a bit.   So I said to my mom; "Hmm, I want to do something different - use a different image." And my mom said; "Put a vintage boot on it.  I'll draw it."  I was so excited!!!  (My mom is amazing.)

So my mom drew the vintage boot on a piece of designer paper and cut it out.  I added the dark trim with colored pencils and gen pens.  I really like the 'raw' finish of the boot.  It adds character.  I also added a few of my favorite wire squibbles from one of my favorite designers on Etsy.


I hope you like it.





Supplies Used:
1. Cream Card Stock - Paper Source
2. Chocolate Card Stock - Paper Source
3. Natural Fiber Lokta Paper - Paper Source
4. Designer Paper
5. Wire Squibbles - Squibbles Etsy Shop
6. Walnut Stain Distressed Ink - tim Holtz
7. Adhesive
8. Pop Squares
9. Creativity


Thanks for stopping by.  To see more custom creations stop by my Etsy shop.





No comments:

Post a Comment